Success!

I have managed to install Ubuntu Linux on the new server with 2 RAID 1 coupled SATA hard drives. Had to rerun the installation about 4-5 times before I got it working and the Ubuntu installation CD (AMD64-Server version) has a precompiled SMP kernel. So now the server running at max efficiancy.

Now the larger task is at hand. The installation of the basic software and securing the server as such with firewall, tcp wrappers and chroot jails. As I’m working with a completely new distribution not all files are where I would like them to be. So another learning curve ahead!

It’s an early bedtime today as I have a rather long day planned tomorrow with calculus, lecture and shopping for books.